SURVEY COMPETITION - TERMS & CONDITIONS
Please review the following competition terms and conditions for the S J Watson competition to win one signed copy of each of his books Before I Go to Sleep, Second Life and Final Cut – as described in the survey email. S J Watson reserves the right to change these terms at any time, and you acknowledge that you agree to abide by the most recent version.
1. Eligibility: This S J Watson competition is only open to those who live in the United Kingdom and are aged 18 years or older as of the date of entry.
2. Agreement to Rules: You agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, you agree to accept the decision of the promoter – S J Watson.
3. Entering the competition: By taking part in the S J Watson newsletter survey as detailed in the survey email, you understand that you will have the option to enter your e-mail address into a comment box at the end of the survey, which will be added into a raffle style competition draw to win one signed book copy of Before I Go to Sleep, Second Life and Final Cut. Only one winner will be randomly selected to win the prize. The winner will be notified on Wednesday 27 July 2022.
4.Prize: The winner will receive one signed copy of the books Before I Go to Sleep, Second Life and Final Cut. S J Watson reserves the right to substitute prizes if necessary. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the promoter: S J Watson. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted. The prize is non-transferable. Any and all prize-related expenses shall be the sole responsibility of the winner.
5. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
6. Winner Selection and Notification: The winner will be chosen at random using a random generator. If another method of winner selection is to be used, that selection method will also select a winner at random. The winner will be notified on Wednesday 27 July 2022. The promoter, S J Watson, shall have no liability for the winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail, or other security settings or for the winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within three (3) days from the time award notification was sent, the prize may be forfeited, and an alternate winner selected.
7. Terms & Conditions: S J Watson reserves the right, in his sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend any contest/giveaway should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond his control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the competition/giveaway. S J Watson reserves the right, in his sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions.
8. Limitation of Liability: By entering, you agree to release and hold harmless S J Watson and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the contest/giveaway and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize or portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the promotion or processing of entries.
9. Privacy: S J Watson will not share your private information with any third party or publicly. The only information that may be shared is your name and/or social media handle at time of winner announcement.